Monday, October 18, 2010

Closet Clarity


I want to talk for a moment today about style motivation. It's been said that women dress for other women and I believe that’s true. I think it can be a really positive force when it moves us to put more pride into what we wear because when you look better, you do feel better. However, when it causes us to adopt trends that don’t flatter us or to become a carbon copy of someone else, we risk losing who we are.

It helps to have something that reminds you of who you are and who you aspire to be, a touchstone that can bring you fashion clarity. My friend, V. has a little photo album filled with pictures torn out of magazines. I have a collage that hangs in my closet. It says to me, “Hey you…yes, you about to reach for the worn out gray hoodie. Why not take a cue from one of these looks instead?” Sometimes, its just the motivation I need to be the best version of me.

So, what's your fashion motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment