Saturday, October 16, 2010

Change It Up!

So I decided to look through my InStyle and Vogue magazines with a purpose. I wanted to see how I could update my last fall's wardrobe spending little to no money. I found a few looks that I think will do the trick.

Last fall the belt around the exterior of a few layers was a big hit. I think this is still a great way to change up your wardrobe. Here is another great way to bring new life to an old outfit, a scarf tucked into the belt. Most likely you already own both accessories - belt and scarf. If not, you can pick either or both up for a few bucks a piece. If you like the look, but think it might be too bulky for you, try it out with thinner layers first.

Here's a look that made an appearance last year. My prediction is that we're going to see alot more of the ankle, mid-calf and over-the-knee socks this year. I am anxious to try this out since I already own several pairs of dress socks that I usually wear hidden under boots. I'll admit that I'll probably have to warm up to this look with a neutral colored pair of socks, like grey, just to try out the look then maybe graduate to something with a little more color to add that extra pop to a neutral colored outfit. If you like this look, but feel that your calves are too curvy to pull it off I suggest sticking to an ankle sock and wearing a shoe with some height. I think you'll be surprised how feminine you'll feel. If you aren't quite sold on this look you might like my next find...


Tights under shorts! I think that this is going to be my favorite way to change up my look this fall. This look is great since you can use your tights from last year and you get extra wear out of your shorts that you would have otherwise put away for the winter. This look looks great with a variety of shoes, as you can see in the picture, so feel free to play with the shoes that you already have in your closet. I also think that shorts with tights is a great alternative to the mini-skirt, for those of us who refuse to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment