Thursday, October 7, 2010

Casual Sunday

I see it every time I go to the grocery store and I still don’t understand it. Women are running errands dressed in spaghetti strap tank tops and pajama bottoms with their feet clad in sheepskin slippers.

Don’t get me wrong-I’m not judging. As a first time mom to an active 8 month old, I know there have been days when I’m doing good to get a shower and brush my teeth much less make it to the grocery store. But if you do go out, a few quick upgrades can take an outfit from sloppy to fashionable.

Take myself for example. Last Sunday morning I headed out for my weekly grocery run wearing a cute black tank dress and green Havaianas (best flip flops ever but that’s another post). Certainly nothing wrong with that outfit but could it have been called “put together”? Hardly.

Since hindsight is 20/20, here is what I’ll do next time to look a bit more polished but still errand-running appropriate. Swap the flip-flops for some cute flats like these glossy Kenneth Coles.

Add a long necklace and a small shoulder bag. I love that this one looks like a vintage coin purse.

These changes are easy and quick and best of all, you won’t feel like hiding behind the tortilla chip display when you run into an old high school classmate.

So, what’s your go-to weekend outfit and how can you make it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment