Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Style Finds A Way

Ok, peeps. I’m taking you all the way back to 1993 to the original Jurassic Park movie. I know, it seems like an unlikely movie for fashion inspiration but bear with me.

There is a scene in the movie where the scientists are looking at a nest of recently hatched dinosaur eggs. They are puzzled because all of the dinosaurs were supposed to be female. Just then, Jeff Goldblum’s character utters the famous line, “Life finds away.”

Well, it’s this very scene that got me thinking about my own fashion dilemmas. You see, these days I’ve got two things working against me fashion-wise. One, a rapidly growing bump (baby #2 is due in July!) and two, very little no money to shop. But the truly great thing about style, not trends or fads, is that it doesn’t hinge on a perfect figure or a full wallet. Instead, it’s about confidence and owning what you do have. Impeccable hair, makeup and nails can’t hurt either. In thinking about this the last few weeks, I’ve come up with a few guidelines, tried and true:

1. It takes time to style your hair. Do it anyway. If your hair is messy, you look messy.
2. Keep your eyebrows looking neat and groomed. They frame your face.
3. You look more put together with makeup, but keep it natural.
4. Wear earrings.
5. A stylish, tailored coat and scarf hide a multitude of fashion sins. And in this weather, you may never need to take it off.

So, whether your predicament is lack of funds, a changing figure or anything in between, remember, style finds a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment